Wednesday, December 9, 2009

THE YEAR IS UP

So, the year is over . . .


and I came no where near to finishing my list. Some things were out of the running in September when I found out I was pregnant (like getting another tattoo), some were out for financial reasons (going to New York) and most I just never got to for various reasons. Time goes far too fast the older we get, and that is just bloody unfair.

But I do not regret making this list. I did do several things I'd been wanting to do for many years but never did - like visiting the Toy and Miniature Museum and seeing a show at the MET.

I'd also always wanted to go see a Kansas City Actors Theatre show and never had. The only show I could go to of theirs this year was "Glengarry Glen Ross". The night the show came around, I didn't really feel like going out, but I wanted to cross it off my list. So I went and not only was it wonderful, it starred Victor Raider-Wexler (who was on Seinfeld!). That led to me meeting him to me asking him to host FFC's sketch comedy show and he was so wonderful and incredible. If it wasn't my for my list, that probably never would have happened. I am quite grateful for that.

I do regret that I didn't get to perform with Trish Berrong and that I didn't surprise Terri Babbitt. Maybe next year.

I do plan on making a list every year. Probably not such a long list - maybe just 12 things. And some things from this list that I didn't get to will carry over and some won't. But I enjoy having a list and I really enjoy exploring my own city and discovering new things to do right here in Kansas City.

1 comment:

TBinKC said...

You got through a lot. Hell, most of us don't even have lists.

We'll play. I'll start a bucket list. Happy 40th!