Wednesday, December 9, 2009

NUMBER 16 - COMPLETED

Number 16 - Make homemade strawberry preserves - Completed November 30, 2009

Whenever we go to Wichita to visit Joel's family, his mom has homemade strawberry preserves that I LOVE. They are so good. So I wanted to try to make them myself and I got the recipe.

She said it was easy, but it takes multiple bowls and lots of measuring, so right there, that is complicated for me. Abby was my little helper. I think they came out okay. We mashed the strawberries more than we should. I like bits of fruit in mine and this was pretty smooth.

I put them in small jars so that if anyone didn't like them, it wouldn't be a big deal. But my mom, sister Jean, and Joel all say that they like it. I think it is just okay. Joel's mom's are better.

No comments: